Monday, March 20, 2017

We begin the novel..... 'The Road to Winter' by Mark Smith

Tuesday 21 March

Today we are going to begin the work on our shared novel, 'The Road to Winter' by Mark Smith.

We will issue the books, and  record your number for the novel, this will help us keep a track of  the new set of class novels and make sure they are kept in good condition.

Before we start the initial work for the novel, we will spend some time going over the Bourke Street hero response work. We will look at the SEX-Y paragraph structure and I will model one of the questions. We will discuss how to approach the humanity question, as this requires some wide independent reading on your part. The remainder of this work will then be completed for homework, and we will negotiate a set date for when it is due in to me.

Remember I am in R11 on Thursday lunchtime if you need further help with your homework task.

LI: We are beginning to read, and discuss the issues raised in our shared novel, ' The Road to Winter'

SC: I can read, discuss my ideas about the front and back of the novel.
SC: I can use the SEX-Y paragraph structure to write thoughtful responses to the questions.
SC: I can use the internet to read around the topic of seeking refuge to help build up my     understanding of this concept.

Lesson Sequence
Silent Reading
Free writing ( choices on the board)
Bourke Street Hero response work,
Issue Novel and look at first task.

No comments:

Post a Comment